- Every member or candidate must have a valid non private ASN (Autonomous System Number) and use BGP4 for peerings. Candidate must also have an internet related business and an 24×7 operational contact.
- Peering relationships between members themselves aren’t regulated by STHIX. Every member is responsible for arranging peering agreements with other members. To help members increase their peerings, STHIX offers a route server service.
- STHIX doesn't offer hosting services on STHIX POPs so only cables (fiber) will be allowed from members. Hosting of member muxes, routers, switches, and all other equipment are the responsibility of the member.
- STHIX cannot be responsible for direct or indirect consequential loss, loss of profits, business, revenue, goodwill, or anticipated savings resulting from a STHIX service outage.
- IPv4/IPv6 address space assigned to STHIX members shall not be advertised to other networks. Members shall not use other IP subnet over STHIX peering LAN and shall not connect other devices than necessary BGP router.
- STHIX connected interfaces must only use IP addresses and netmasks (prefix lengths) assigned to them by STHIX. Router feature like Proxy ARP, Spanning-tree, IGMP, CDP, IPX, RA aren't allowed and should be disabled.
- Frames forwarded to STHIX must have one of the following ethertypes: 0x0800 (IPv4), 0x86dd (IPv6), 0x0806 (ARP), 0x8809 (LACP)
- Frames forwarded to STHIX shall be addressed to a unicast MAC destination address except for broadcast ARP, LACP and ICMPv6 ND
- No link-local traffic is allowed on STHIX
- All frames forwarded to STHIX shall have the same source MAC address
STHIX can suspend or discontinue the connection, in whole or in part:
- If the member isn't respecting or agreeing to any of the above STHIX rules.
- In case of force majeur.
- If the STHIX receives an authoritative request or desire to comply with a statutory obligation.
- If maintenance is required.
- Every member has to follow common sense for connecting to an IXP. We encourage everyone, no matter their experience and knowledge, to please have a look at this great guide at AMS-IX for general information and configuration guidance.